' Quintessential - Quinta Do Vallado LBV Port
Wine Search

Quinta do Vallado LBV Port 2018


The elegant nose combines fresh and concentrated aromas of black fruits and warm spices. The palate is well balanced with flavors of black cherries, supported by soft tannins and an intense, lingering finish.

Wine Facts

Winemaker Notes
The grapes come from vineyards controlled by Quinta do Vallado in Rio Torto. 20% of the field blend is aged for three years in toneis, traditional wooden barrels. The remaining 80% of the wine is aged in stainless steel vats.

Serving Hints
A late bottled vintage Port from the region is excellent when served on its own and also pairs well with blue cheese, nuts, and rich chocolate desserts.

Interesting Fact
Dona Antonia Adelaide Ferreira was an ancestor of the current owners of Quinta do Vallado. A remarkable woman, especially for her time (mid- to-late 1700s), she was one of the most powerful port producers in Portugal who built the Ferreira Port label into one of the best in the country. It also was one of the very few port houses owned by a Portuguese family (at that time, most were owned by British companies). It is on her land that Quinta do Vallado is situated.

Producer: Quinta do Vallado
Region: Douro (D.O.C.)
Country: Portugal
Wine Composition: 100% Field Blend mix of grapes from old vineyards in the valley of Rio Torto
Alcohol: 20.5%
Total Acidity: 3.9 G/L
Residual Sugar: 90 G/L
pH: 3.82

Press Highlights

2019: 90 Pts - Wine Enthusiast, Jan 2024
2018: 90 Pts - Wine Advocate, Aug 2022
2017: 92 Pts - Wine Spectator, Nov 2022
2017: 91 Pts - Wine Advocate, Mar 2022

2024 Copyright Quintessential Wines
Powered by vinSUITE Web Design: CALEIDOS   Follow Us
Home Our Wines Order Careers WebMail Contact Us Subscribe QW Brochure Contests/Rules